Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tatting is a Challenge!

Thanks to all the encouraging words from my followers, I was able to finish my miniature stationary set, which I made 100 sets. I worked my butt off and made about 20 sets per day. Crazy I know, but I'm done, it's in the past now and I'm not looking back lol. Now I can dedicate my free time with some enjoyable crafting! Yay!  :-)

I've been practicing my tatting skills religiously for some time since my first tatting post. I do have a confession to make though! Please ignore what I said about how tatting is not that difficult. I take it back! I think I meant learning the basic stitches is not too bad, but making the actual tatted pieces correctly is very difficult! Apparently, the motifs I made earlier from my last post were wrong...

It's been a frustrating process because I was having a hard time with consistency and making them look neat. After much practicing, making many mistakes and wasting a lot of threads, I finally accomplished my first project.

Tatted lace earrings.

Tatted lace earrings! Making two motifs exactly the same was difficult, but I did it.  They turned out beautifully.  I've always been fascinated with tatted lace earrings. They're dainty and elegant, but can be worn casually. I stiffened the laces and added Swarovski crystal elements.  They're for sale in my shop! :-)


I've also added these cute cherry blossom earrings to my store. They scream, "Spring is here!" I just adore the pink and green color combo.

Cherry blossom earrings.


Thanks for reading everyone and happy March!  Spring is almost here!

Happy Crafting!


14 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing those sets, that did not sound pleasant!

    The tatting is beautiful, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those earrings are spectacular, really lovely.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Son preciosos!!!
    Besos de las Malu´s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tatted earings are gorgeous! Beautiful work!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. @A.Wright: Thank you!
    @ Mereknits: Thank you Meredith
    @malu2: Gracias Malu!
    @ Drora: Thank you! You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tatted lace earings are amazing Amy and they look really difficult to do, but the effect is definately worth the hard work!!!
    The cherry blossom earings are also beautiful!!
    Hugs
    Vicky xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, I'm so impressed!! :) These are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy! Gli orecchini sono veramente deliziosi!!!
    Buon fine settimana e grazie della tua visita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Los pendientes te han quedado muy originales,y los animalitos me encantan
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those tatted earrings are gorgeous :-)
    Gosh, I have so much of your blog to catch up on!
    Loving the sparkly resin pendants too by the way x

    ReplyDelete