Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

I can't get enough of pumpkin this season, so I decided to make my favorite pumpkin bread recipe. I made this a lot last year, since it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it, especially my boyfriend. This was actually the first thing I made for him when we started dating, so this post is dedicated to him. I love you Darren.

Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Bread
adapted from allrecipes.com

  • 3 1/2 C of flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp. ground clove
  • 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 can of pureed pumpkin
  • 2/3 C. H20
  • 1/2 C. vegetable oil
  • 1/2 C. apple sauce ( if you don't have apple sauce, just increase the oil to 1 C.)
  • 3 C. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 loaf pans (7 inch. by 3 inch)
Preheat oven to 350 F and grease and flour three 7 by 3 inch loaf pans. I used the disposable kind.

In a bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground clove, ground ginger and whisk to mix the ingredients.

In a larger bowl, mix together the eggs, pumpkin puree, water, oil, apple sauce, sugar, and vanilla.


Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just to incorporate. Do not over mix.


Divide the batter into the prepared loaf pans and bake for 50 minutes, or until the cake test comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to the cooling rack.


Pair it with cream cheese frosting and you're in heaven!

Enjoy and Happy Baking!!

3 comments: